YOUR CHILD'S MEDICAL HOME
As your medical home, we are a central resource for all your child's care needs. In a Medical Home, the medical provider and their staff who see your child for routine checkups, make you feel like you are the most important part of the health care team. You are welcome and invited to participate in all aspects of your child's care!
WHAT IS A MEDICAL HOME?
A medical home is a way to provide high quality health care services that best meet the needs of your child and your family. It is not a building, house or hospital. It is a partnership between you and your family and your primary care doctor, nurse and clinic staff. Together, you make sure that the medical and non medical needs of your child are met.
YOUR MEDICAL HOME TEAM:
- Respects your child and your family
- Shares information with you and includes you in decisions
- Provides primary health care including regular checkups, developmental screening, vaccines and illness visits
- Helps you plan for and manage any chronic health problems
- Finds specialists when they are needed
- Helps connect you to resources in the community
HOW CAN YOUR FAMILY HELP?
Below are a list of things you can do to get the best health care for your child:
- If you need it, ask for extra time when you schedule your doctor visits Bring a list of current medications including doses to your doctors visits
- Share the names of Specialists your child may be also seeing
- Make sure any Specialists have our fax number to send reports to us
- Share any changes with your doctor
- Celebrate successes and talk about challenges
- Ask for something to be explained if you don't understand
- Work together to make a plan
- Ask for information to be written down
- Keep a folder or notebook with your child's health information
- Let your doctor and staff know things they are doing right